Carefully selected Rough Sawn and Hand Hewn Barn Wood beams from 19th century barns of the American Midwest. Early American craftsmen would drag large timber from nearby forests to the barn site where they would carefully score, and hew the round logs into square beams suitable for supporting the barn. These historic beams still have the original hand-hewn marks of the axe or adze. Their beautiful patina is enhanced after we carefully brush our beams to remove loose material. These beams look great without any finish, with a tinted oil or stain, or a light clear coat can be added to increase durability and reduce splintering.
Available in many sizes, every piece is custom cut to your length.
Price depends on size. Come by and pick out your beam or call us and we can send pictures for you to choose from.
To place an order, call 805.376.2423.
- Due to the unique character of reclaimed wood all sizes listed will be accurate within approximately 1/2”.
- Your mantel is made from antique recycled wood and therefore may have marks and imperfections that add to it’s Rustic one-of-a-kind character.
- Each mantel has variations in the wood and finish which are to be expected and celebrated. No two mantels are alike.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for your mantel to arrive.
Feel free to check out our reviews on Yelp.
- 75.00 LBS
- Hand Hewn & Rough Sawn Barnwood reclaimed from barns of the American Midwest
- Lead Time:
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for completion
- Contact Us:
- Contact us for pictures of current inventory